Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Off-Grid Living / LED Bulbs (Canada)
Ontario lakeside
# Posted: 9 Apr 2016 11:38

Canadian Tire has 8.5W (60W equivalent) LED bulbs on sale for $1 this weekend. They are 3000k and rated for 25000 hours. I bought 10!

Wendigolake
# Posted: 9 Apr 2016 15:06

Thanks for the info. That is a good price, have to get me some too.

hamish
# Posted: 9 Apr 2016 19:50

But only till Sunday and while quantities last! Might be popping back tomorrow for another 5.

groingo
# Posted: 9 Apr 2016 19:57

Walfart has them too but they are considerably less at 17 cents a piece....regular price, been using for nearly a year now and no problems.

hamish
# Posted: 9 Apr 2016 20:49

Not in Canada, they don't. Usually the cheapest per bulb after rebates up here have been in the $2 to $8 range.

creeky
# Posted: 10 Apr 2016 10:18

went saturday. sold out sat a.m. 5,000 bulbs sold friday. dang.

Not sure. but I think G. meant 2.17. Least that's the lowest price in Og NY.

groingo
# Posted: 10 Apr 2016 11:19 - Edited by: groingo

Creeky:
The price is correct and the 40 watters put out more light than a 60 watt incandescent.

They were originally 44 cents each and are now 17 cents each and that's for either the 40 or 60 watters plus they are rated for both indoor and outdoor use and they are super tough, you can drop them on concrete and nothing and the light rating is "warm at 2700K".

Also, Dollar Tree now has the same bulbs for $1.00 each.
Light.JPG
Light.JPG

hamish
# Posted: 10 Apr 2016 19:10

Ran into the same thing this morning. Sold something like 1600 on Friday and 2900 Saturday! For $1.52 one cant really go wrong. Regretfully those on the grid wont actually realize any benefits to them.

creeky
# Posted: 11 Apr 2016 10:36

G. You definitely live in some weird and wonderful part of reality. I was at the Og NY wallyworld and they were 2.17 marked down from 2.44.

Either that or you are amazing at photoshop.

No worries tho. LED prices ain't going up is all. Nice to know. Now if only lithium battery prices would drop at the same rate.

groingo
# Posted: 11 Apr 2016 11:24 - Edited by: groingo

Creeky:

No Photoshopping, here's more up close and personal for doubting Creeky's.
https://youtu.be/AEIFnLYtqYw

All I can figure is there may be government incentives at work making Walfart able to sell them as a loss leader in different regions, it's funny, the shelf is nearly always full because people think they are too cheap, oh well, I have mine for the next ten years.

Julie2Oregon
# Posted: 11 Apr 2016 22:32

They're nowhere that price at our Walmart here in TX! And our Dollar Tree here doesn't carry them, either!

groingo
# Posted: 12 Apr 2016 12:45

I guess Creeky was right, I do live in a weird wonderful part of reality....maybe Washington has its perks since everything else is broken!

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.