Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Off-Grid Living / Storeburn, anyone have one?
littlesalmon4
# Posted: 2 Jun 2016 17:39

Storeburn is a store and incinerate toilet. Anybody have any experience with one? Or maybe an incinolet

ShabinNo5
# Posted: 2 Jun 2016 23:16

We have one but have never used it. The original plan was to be off grid and we purchased ours off Craigslist. Our building plans keep changing so we kept delaying the install. Now we have running water and septic.. Will likely sell ours.

1300_stainless
# Posted: 6 Jun 2016 06:59 - Edited by: 1300_stainless

My buddy purchased a Storburn one used. He found out it needed a part. Several unsuccessful attempts were made to get in touch with someone at the company. This was about a year ago and as far as I know it's still sitting in a corner broken. You may have better luck, but I'd try to contact the company before making any decisions and see how it goes.

littlesalmon4
# Posted: 6 Jun 2016 14:38

Not really glowing reviews. May have to re think.....

Wendigolake
# Posted: 7 Jun 2016 14:28

What I am curious to know is actually how good the incinerating toilets are? I have pondered putting one into my cottage. I'm water access only and not able to put a septic system in, so been reading all the posts on composting toilets etc here. I haven't seen much on this type of toilet.

littlesalmon4
# Posted: 7 Jun 2016 17:18

I am looking for the same type of info. I am waterfront with no room for a septic field and remote enough pumping a tank is not practical. Incineration seems to be the right solution but there is not much info out there. I contacted one company and have requested some customer contact info so I can speak directly to users of their product.

Wendigolake
# Posted: 8 Jun 2016 18:47

littlesalmon4, if you get some info,please post something here. I am sure we are not the only ones curious about the equipment and process to incinerate waste.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.