Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Off-Grid Living / Harbor Freight generator on sale
fasenuff
# Posted: 25 Nov 2010 09:39

I get emails of all of Harbor Freight's sale bills and got one that may be of interest to many here. It had a generator listed for $89.00. While it is only an 800 watt gen it is ideal for backup or easy transport home and back. This is a pretty good deal for the money and item. It is a 3 day sale starting Friday and ending Sunday. I personally will be getting one for backup use. I was going to paste the web address on the gen here but for some reason my Blackberry will not let me. It is the Chicago Electric 800 watt gen. Check it out.

Gary O
# Posted: 25 Nov 2010 10:26

Yeah, that one's been teasing me too.
I may pick one up, for (as you say) easy transport.
Bought their 3500 max watt unit.
Not unhappy with it.
Does the job, just a huge relief to shut the noisy thing down, and definately not one to lug around.

Here's some pix
800 watt
800 watt
our 3500 watt
our 3500 watt

fasenuff
# Posted: 25 Nov 2010 10:35

I have a 2000 watt by the same manufacturer and have put it to a lot of use after getting it used and am still very happy with it. I figure the old one is getting close to end of life so a backup would be nice even this small of one. This little 800 watt gen would give me time to find a good deal on a larger one without having to hurry.

Since I mostly use mine for battery charging and running my small fridge it should work fine.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.