Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Off-Grid Living / Bought Trace DR2412 Inverter/Charger
LastOutlaw
# Posted: 8 Aug 2016 23:57

I just bought a used Trace DR2412 Inverter/Charger off of craigslist for $100.00. It looks to be in good shape and came with the manual. They are not sold anywhere anymore that I could find but I did see one that sold on Ebay used for $400.00. Supposing it works, did I do a good deal? Anyone have any experience with this unit?

MtnDon
# Posted: 9 Aug 2016 17:43

If both inverter and the charger work and if what you want/need is a modified sine wave inverter, it's a good deal. It is over 12 years old if memory serves me well. Back before trace became xantrex and Outback was a startup.

LastOutlaw
# Posted: 9 Aug 2016 20:42

Thanks MtDon. Well right now on my cabin im using a 2000 watt harbor freight inverter so Im guessing this might be a step up?
Also a year or so ago you helped me design a system that utilized 4- 300 watt panels, 8 - 6volt golf cart batteries, the midnight kid and a 48 volt setup that ran at 1/2 capacity. I ended up not moving full time to my cabin but rather into a small homestead very close to it. We now are going to try to set up the designed system that you helped me with here at the homestead and rather than grid tie it we want to use it separately to run numerous outbuildings with.
Do you remember?

MtnDon
# Posted: 9 Aug 2016 22:34

Vague recollections... I've offered lots of opinions/advise to many. The HF inverter could be stored away as a backup, "just in case".

LastOutlaw
# Posted: 10 Aug 2016 00:06

MtnDon, Im going up to my cabin Friday and will test the Trace.
Here is the link to our older discussion about the solar system I want to put together here at the homestead:

http://www.small-cabin.com/forum/3_4889_0.html#msg72006

LastOutlaw
# Posted: 10 Aug 2016 16:24

And thanks again for your help on this plan!

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.