Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Off-Grid Living / Well
<< . 1 . 2 .
Julie2Oregon
# Posted: 7 Sep 2016 21:56 - Edited by: Julie2Oregon

Quoting: bldginsp
Are you sure you can put the cabin on the property line?

There's a covenant on the land that the two parcels must be sold together. So the "property line" is pretty much artificial since, legally, they're not separate parcels and can't be sold as such.

toyota_mdt_tech
# Posted: 8 Sep 2016 22:18

Its separate for taxing purposes I bet. So how would the taxes be figured for the cabin, part of the cabin will go on one and rest on the other? I would think no buildings on the line as long as they are not combined. More for tax purposes.

Julie2Oregon
# Posted: 9 Sep 2016 01:44

Quoting: toyota_mdt_tech
Its separate for taxing purposes I bet. So how would the taxes be figured for the cabin, part of the cabin will go on one and rest on the other? I would think no buildings on the line as long as they are not combined. More for tax purposes.

Yes, Toyota, I think you're right. There's some sort of tax thing involved. I've noticed that some folks at Rocky Point have combined their lots as one parcel and some haven't. I need to investigate why that is. I haven't encountered a covenant previously on the other properties I looked at forbidding the lots from being sold separately.

The person selling the land to me is a contractor by trade. My Realtor says he'd love to meet me out there and share a bit of knowledge and history. I'd love that, too! I'm going to ask him about the pros and cons of keeping the lots separate for tax purposes, once the land is developed.

Just
# Posted: 10 Sep 2016 19:35

If the water is less than 20 feet deep this may be of some help .Simply attach the stearlng wheel spinner to the large pully of this kind of pump, If you have power use, it if not crank it !!! it works I have one ..
61Pt7spP6kL._SY355_..jpg
61Pt7spP6kL._SY355_..jpg
31307571.jpg
31307571.jpg

<< . 1 . 2 .
Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.