Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Off-Grid Living / Incinerating toilet
bldginsp
# Posted: 9 Mar 2017 23:19

Haven't seen this mentioned here before, might be an option for some people.

I was surprised that it requires only 20 amps.

https://incinolet.com

Gary O
# Posted: 10 Mar 2017 11:19

cool

here's mine;

half gal diesel/gas mix
presto
weird ashes

filled only a third of that barrel this winter

FishHog
# Posted: 10 Mar 2017 11:23

and you can cook hot dogs over Gary's.

Kamn
# Posted: 10 Mar 2017 11:53

"there is an interesting smoky flavour to this hot dog"

Wendigolake
# Posted: 10 Mar 2017 18:30

Has anyone in our community here, ever used one? Looks like something that might be an option for my cottage. Like to know if they work as good as they say.

bldginsp
# Posted: 10 Mar 2017 18:51 - Edited by: bldginsp

Never used one, but on the website they say it takes over an hour to burn off each use. You can use it once while it's burning, then you have to start the process over. Point is it isn't fast and you're not going to be able to handle large parties very well.

Just lost my appetite for roasted weenies.

Gary O
# Posted: 10 Mar 2017 19:55

Quoting: FishHog
and you can cook hot dogs over Gary's.

Now THAT'S funny

...and newbie Kamn is gonna do quite well here

Bone appetite

Jabberwocky
# Posted: 14 Mar 2017 08:39

I looked into the Incinolet when contemplating my build. Seems like a great choice for someone building a mobile tiny house or in places where a septic system would be really difficult or impossible. But I've done the math, and in order to buy the liners required for the Incinolet in adequate supply for two people, the cost in three years (if I recall correctly) was the equivalent of the bid we received on installing a septic system. The difference being that in another three years, I would essentially be purchasing a second septic system's worth of liners, whereas the *real* septic system would be a one-time expense (periodic maintenance notwithstanding).

This is on top of the fact that if you have any plumbing at all, you still have to find a way to dispose of the gray water..... which requires... something.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.