Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Off-Grid Living / Micron filters
Eddy G
# Posted: 3 May 2017 13:59

Hey, anyone using inline micron filters for water filtration?
We have a 30' dug well we use for shower, cleaning dishes, cloths etc but not for drinking. We had it tested last year and it has some bacteria (what you would expect nothing life threatening)....I rigged up dual inline filtration canisters to filter out any particulates but wasn't sure what size filters to run..
I'm thinking the lead filter would be 25 or 10 micron and the second filter 10 or 5 micron....Any thoughts or suggestions?

DaveBell
# Posted: 3 May 2017 15:54 - Edited by: DaveBell

Here is one for rain water used for drinking. I don't like the ultraviolet for last stage because you can't tell when it stops working. So bleach is the guarantee final for drinking.

A 1 micron filter will remove most bacteria and cysts.
You could do the 1000 Mesh (15 Micron) Russco to trap sediment and then the 1 or 0.9 Micron Ceramic. If the 1000 mesh starts clogging up then add the other filters upstream until your happy with the cleaning frequency. You can use less filters and clean/replace them more often or more filters and clean/replace them less often.
rainwatersystem.jpg
rainwatersystem.jpg

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.