Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Off-Grid Living / Solar Power...
bullwinkle60
# Posted: 19 Jul 2017 17:47

I'm new to this solar power. My wife and I are retired. I working off the new "Tiny House" idea. I have built a 10'x6' camper, with everything we need to just live in our camper/trailer. It has everything...bathroom, kitchen, dinning and entertainment area. I want to install a solar panel on the roof, to power a small bar fridge, when we are traveling from place to place. Can you give me a better idea of what to do? Thanks to everyone who knows more than I, about solar energy.
Don

darz5150
# Posted: 19 Jul 2017 23:14

If you do a web search for RV Solar you will probably come up with lots of options.
Good luck with your tiny house adventure.👍

bullwinkle60
# Posted: 20 Jul 2017 17:43

Thank you very much, but I'm going to go to Honda generator, that is very quiet. I do appreciate the input.

ChuckDynasty
# Posted: 24 Jul 2017 04:25

Any pictures of your 10'x6' camper?

bullwinkle60
# Posted: 24 Jul 2017 12:11

No, but thanks for the interest. I'm going to go with a new Honda, very quiet generator. It's about 950 to 1,000...the costs will be about the same in the long run of this idea.
Thank you again.

ChuckDynasty
# Posted: 25 Jul 2017 12:44

Would like to see pics of your camper setup if you want to take pictures. Did you build on a trailer or is it a cargo trailer conversion?

offgridjunkie
# Posted: 26 Jul 2017 10:39 - Edited by: offgridjunkie

Quoting: bullwinkle60
I'm going to go with a new Honda, very quiet generator

For the size of your project, I think you are going to be very happy with that choice. I do how ever recommend the 2000. It will run pretty much everything you will have. The 1000 are great for their size, but sometimes they just don't have enough juice.

Pair it with a good 100 AMP AGM battery and 25 amp charger, you will be set. Run your generator in the morning while you are making and drinking your coffee and you should be good for the day.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.