Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Off-Grid Living / Solar kit suggestions or comments
frankpaige
# Posted: 8 Jan 2018 19:35

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00HK2S3NC/ref=pe_2313400_267738960_em_1p_0_ti

Looking for options on this sale. Any part not so good? Any suggestions on something similar (about) the same price?
Iam running 9 LED lights right now. But who knows? The wife might bring up the welder. Just kidding
Only other item might be a 12 volt pump for the shower.
Thanks and wishing all a great cabin year

spoofer
# Posted: 9 Jan 2018 07:38

I would go with monocrstalline panels. They are more efficient.

beachman
# Posted: 9 Jan 2018 09:57

Looking at the kit - the panels appear small - 100w each, should be able to get 300's for not much more now (seller may be trying to unload???). Also, the inverter looks like a mod sine wave - no good for sensitive electronics or new appliances with "computer brains". Kit does not come with batteries unless you go with pricier option - then only one (they show two). For about $1,400, you might get a better set up depending on your needs. All that said, it is probably a good starter kit but if you are like me, your power needs will grow in a short time and you may have to scrap (or sell) the kit to move up. Creeky will give you an earful about lithium batteries - listen, he makes good sense.

Mike 870
# Posted: 9 Jan 2018 15:22

I don't think I'd buy that kit.
I'd get something like this instead if you want to be in that price range. https://www.solar-electric.com/rvkit-001-160-watts-mono.html
You could make this kit less expensive by getting the panel somewhere else. If all you are doing is LEDs and a 12v pump you don't need an inverter. just get some 12v LEDs.

frankpaige
# Posted: 9 Jan 2018 18:43

Beachman, TY. I thought the price was too good to be true. Right now there was no plans to add more to the cabin. But, we all know that can change. My thought was to have something that would last, and if there was a need to expand? I would rather put the $$ into one unit.
Mike, Thanks. I appreciate anyone that gives the sideways glance and says "I wouldn't.....".
Spoofer, TY.lol. Had to confuse an ole man with that big word, didn't u?
For a guy that knows how to maintain ball fields, it's dang confusing delving into the PV world.
Any and all suggestions are definitely appreciated. Wishing all great cabin time this year.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.