Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Off-Grid Living / Exhaust System for Eu3000IS
Ejm
# Posted: 7 Jun 2018 10:05

Could anyone recommend an Exhaust System for Eu3000IS?

I built a shed, but didn't think about the exhaust. I know, not that bright. I did some goggling and the best I have seen is exhaust kit from www.generator-line.com it covers the whole back of the vent, but my concerns is covering the air intake would it run too hot and cause damage to the generator? If anyone used it and has success please let me know or if you have something that works better.

Thank you!

bobrok
# Posted: 7 Jun 2018 10:32 - Edited by: bobrok

I installed one on my eu2000i several years ago and I can tell you it works very well and I am extremely satisfied, now that I've recovered from the price shock for a piece of plastic.

No overheating. The rear louvers are for cooling and everything is drawn out the port. I installed the flexible vent through the wall of my shed and to a standard hooded drier flap type door.

Before I bought it I tried just piping the exhaust outside but it raised the temp inside the shed substantially.

I run the generator with the shed door closed. No air temp rise inside. No CO detected. And it's quieter than setting it outside.

It was a very worthwhile investment IMO.

Ejm
# Posted: 7 Jun 2018 11:04

Thanks for the reply buddy... I am sure it is the same, but I wish you had the EU3000. Its good to know they make a good product. I am mostly likely going to order it. Just hoping to get more feed back from others that used it on the EU3000

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.