Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Off-Grid Living / Male Generator Plug In Box
cspot
# Posted: 27 Sep 2018 20:10

Ok. I am looking to put a waterproof box on the outside of my cabin in order to plug in my generator instead of having to run the extension cord thru the window. I want to have a male plug in so that I can plug the extension cord into it. I only have a Champion 2000 KW inverter generator so I don't have any of the twist lock type plug ins. Just a standard 15 amp to plug an extension cord in.

The only male plugs that I see are the twist lock type. Anyone have an online source for just a standard 15 amp male plug in or how they did it? I don't want to make a suicide cord.

Of course from this box I will run conduit/wire up into the cabin for a couple of receptacles. As a little more information I am off-grid so no issues with that and I only need 110 Volt.

Borrego
# Posted: 27 Sep 2018 20:38

Only ones I saw when looking where 30 Amp...guess you could use those as 120v....?

Yep, here's one...
https://www.electricgeneratorsdirect.com/Reliance-Controls-PB31/p10590.html

cspot
# Posted: 27 Sep 2018 20:53

I found one finally. I just ordered this one.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Leviton-15-Amp-125-Volt-Straight-Blade-Grounding-Power-In let-Outlet-Gray-5278-CWP/301304898

xtolekbananx
# Posted: 27 Sep 2018 22:23

Quoting: cspot
I found one finally. I just ordered this one.

That's exactly what I used for my setup. I have 2400 watt inverter generator and used this inlet and then wired 4 outlets inside my cabin. No breakers, works perfect for my needs.

cspot
# Posted: 28 Sep 2018 17:51

Quoting: xtolekbananx
That's exactly what I used for my setup. I have 2400 watt inverter generator and used this inlet and then wired 4 outlets inside my cabin. No breakers, works perfect for my needs.

Thanks. My setup is going to be almost identical.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.