Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Off-Grid Living / HDY5000LXB 5kw diesel generator... anyone know anything?
offgrididaho
# Posted: 30 Oct 2018 14:40

At our new to us cabin there are currently two generators. One is a Coleman Powermate 3500 with Honda engine, looks like it would be loud as all get out but can't get it started (an issue for another time, plan to bring it home and clean it up get it running and sell it).

Other is a giant beast of a diesel generator labeled "HDY5000LXB"... Googling this seems to reveal it is some sort of generic, Chinese made "silent type" 5kw generator. And if by "silent type" they mean absurdly loud, then they are correct.

Regardless, plan is to purchase an EU2200i Companion next spring as our "main" generator when needed (have had EU1000i for our camper van for years, been super happy with it, see no reason not to continue going Honda).

But, I'd like to keep the diesel as a backup or when I might need gobs of power (hard to imagine, but possible), would save me buying a second EU2200 and tying them together for 30a.

Problem is I can't find out anything about this genset, and it's only putting out 92v of power (I don't have sophisticated tools, have to imagine it's not clear pure sine power, but it's the voltage I'm concerned with).

I imagine that means its voltage regulator is shot, but I can't find a manual or a parts schematic or anything. Some searching and I can find parts labeled voltage regulator but they seem to be 12v regulators that keep the starter battery charged (which may or may not be working, I have a solar trickle charger on the start battery for now as last battery was dead when we bought place).

Anyone have any experience with these beasts that might be able to steer me toward equivalent part numbers or manuals or parts schematics?

As always, thanks in advance!

-- Bass

Cowracer
# Posted: 30 Oct 2018 16:33 - Edited by: Cowracer

Sold with a variety of brand names. Telemax, GS Moon, Seeyes, made by Fujian Tianli Electric Machinery Co., Ltd.

Parts (including automatic voltage regulator) available here:

Link

Tim

offgrididaho
# Posted: 30 Oct 2018 18:04

Thanks cowracer, had come across that site was hoping there were others with a little more info.

I guess I'm stuck with ordering the part and then poking around until I see a part on the generator itself that looks the same

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.