Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Off-Grid Living / portable generator
<< . 1 . 2 .
justincasei812
# Posted: 23 Apr 2012 16:35

I have a cheap 2000w HFT genny. Or I think it is . It was handed down to me and for the most part if you take care of it and change the oil it has worked fine to do the small stuff. It will go down sooner or later but just remember what you paid for it. On the other hand I needed at least a 5000w Honda genny with a 240v for the well pump. I would have preferred a smaller one as they make less noise!! I think it is a bit of an over kill and now we tend to add more luxuries because we can!! I am running a 950 sq ft. cabin off of it and it's like living at home other than the noise. I really wanted to get away and leave some of that behind. To think that the well pump is controling it all. The winter time I use the small one since we don't use water system at the cabin. More than enough to run what we need. I would still like to set up and run more off of solar but all in time I guess. If you plan on using the genset a lot buy a good one. The cheap ones will not last long and if they have a warranty remember you are not using it all the time and that yr will pass by quicker than you first thought.

<< . 1 . 2 .
Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.