Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Off-Grid Living / Renogy inverter / chargers
offgrididaho
# Posted: 16 May 2019 21:12

Looks like new product line for them, they sure hit a nice price point compared to Victron:
https://www.renogy.com/products/inverters/inverter-chargers

That said, personally I've been a little underwhelmed with my Renogy products in the past, and will be interesting to see how these are received and how long lived they are.

spoofer
# Posted: 17 May 2019 13:38

I have a renogy 100 watt system at my shack. When twilight comes my 12 volt lights flicker until its totally dark outside. I think my renogy charge controller is the culprit of this. Otherwise my system is trouble free. The 30 minutes of flickering lights is getting on my nerves enough that I actually lit a oil lamp until it was totally dark out. Then my 12v, 10 watt led lights shine bright. Any idea whats causing this?...

offgrididaho
# Posted: 18 May 2019 01:01

My guess would be voltage varying above and below the cutoff point to send amps from charge controller to the batteries... when the controller is sending some amps (even very few) to the batteries then the lights get brighter because there's higher voltage in the system, when the amps cut off from the controller then there's lower overall voltage in the system?

Is this an MPPT or PWM controller?

spoofer
# Posted: 19 May 2019 15:40

mppt

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.