Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Off-Grid Living / The time is near.
rayyy
# Posted: 19 Mar 2011 19:19

Now the the snow meltoff is done,I don't have a active stream running through my land any more.The ground is showing hint's of drying out.A good week of nice warm and breezy weather sure would help me.I'm still battleing with a few details but for the most part,my cabin is built (2 demention on paper)I must be patient,can't work in the mud.

BlaineHill
# Posted: 19 Mar 2011 20:22

rayyy,
I have been working in the mud for the past 5 weekends. I am certainly looking forwad to getting out of the mud and working on more interesting parts of the cabin. The rains have been intense in Ohio. The hard part for me is getting back up the driveway at the end of the day. My truck is only 2-wheel drive and I have to get a running start to make it out. I always have tire chains with me so I am getting out of there one way of the other, but I really don't want to rip the driveway any more than necessary. On the bright side, my foundation requires 31 post holes and with saturated ground the digging has not been too bad. Late summer droughts turn clay to concrete so soft ground can something to be tkankful for. Good luck with your project.

cabingal3
# Posted: 20 Mar 2011 01:50

Yeah rayyy-we are just waiting for the snow to melt to get up to our place.we have so many plans.sure looks like u are chomping at the bit to get going.good luck.will be excited to see what u are doing.

rayyy
# Posted: 20 Mar 2011 05:47

I am chompin at the bit,been sitting all winter,continplating and planning out my layout.It was good to have that time though.I love to play on paper,being creative and designing exactly what I want.Here is a picture of my site and my tractor/lawnmower/bulldozer/tree puller/trailer mover...lol.This little tractor is worth it's weight in gold to me!
8N_007.JPG
8N_007.JPG

turkeyhunter
# Posted: 20 Mar 2011 07:12

Quoting: rayyy
Here is a picture of my site and my tractor/lawnmower/bulldozer/tree puller/trailer mover.

rayyy--is that a 8n or 9n tractor??/........i had one like they , years agol--when i built my house,,,,,,i use it for everything, sold it later and bought a deisel ford tractor.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.