Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Off-Grid Living / Who's dug their own well, different rules,in different places
OffGridDeveloper
# Posted: 27 Oct 2019 23:57

Theres alot of well drilling equipment out there for small private use,has anyone tried any of it?

ICC
# Posted: 28 Oct 2019 09:40

Have you tried using the forum search?

I don't recall seeing anyone ever drilling their own. Seem to recall there may have been a few sand point pounders.

Water is too deep where I am so I never ever even thought of self-drilling.

OffGridDeveloper
# Posted: 28 Oct 2019 12:10

I'm slowly going through the search section,

Sprinkler Guy
# Posted: 28 Oct 2019 14:31

Search “washing down a well” on you tube. I helped my brother drill a well using this method, that being said you need the right soil.

OffGridDeveloper
# Posted: 28 Oct 2019 18:04

Thank you ill check it out,but sounds like I'll have a issue I'm looking to do water wells in the interior,I've been looking at the small portable drag behind units up to the tracked ones,overvthe last month or so,I've looked through the search and saw one of the portable ones I've seen,guy says he has a couple in Alaska and permafrost ain't nothing different then drilling in rock and his are capable of rock drilling,so he says but hopefully I can run across a customer,now that I'm thinking about it,maybe he can connect me to his customer there,,I'll YouTube your idea today though,thank u again

Just
# Posted: 28 Oct 2019 20:22

I have 6 sand point wells all about 10 ft. Deep installed myself . Supplying 2 homes 2barns one cabin 1 greenhouse .Easy todo but you must have the rite sandy soil!!

OffGridDeveloper
# Posted: 28 Oct 2019 21:12

Have u had the water tested from the shallow water wells that seems to be the only bad thing I hear about shallow wells water quality can get bad

Just
# Posted: 29 Oct 2019 08:49

We have tested them all ,all good

NorthRick
# Posted: 29 Oct 2019 16:25

Quoting: OffGridDeveloper
Theres alot of well drilling equipment out there for small private use,has anyone tried any of it?

Having watched hundreds of wells get drilled with commercial equipment, there's no way I'd mess with the DIY stuff unless you have nice easy to drill soil and shallow groundwater like Just.

In most conditions, drilling is hard on equipment and you need something that will hold up. There's also a bit of experience required that you won't have.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.