Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Off-Grid Living / Help please. 24v seaflow submersible pump w/ pressure switch question
Blaze
# Posted: 18 Nov 2019 19:41 - Edited by: Blaze

Hello,

Im needing some more experienced forum help regarding the setup of this new 24v well pump I recently purchased from Amazon URL

I know many will not like the seaflo pumps but they just came out with I believe a better version than the cheaper orange abs housing 12 volt well pump. So I got it all hooked up with a new (2) set of size 27 deep cycle batteries, a new 20 gallon well pressure tank, and a new 30/50 well pressure switch(like you use with an AC well pump), I have not found anything on low voltage well pressure switches, and a renogy 30a charge controller.

My problem is that the pump and the pressure switch are not working in tandem, it is not running to cut off pressure or at all. I have the controller programmed to in 6. mode which is basically like a on and off switch, and its on but it will not build to pressure. I can take a jumper wire and touch the positive terminal wires in the pressure switch together and power the pump and build up to the 60 psi pressure, It will supply the house with off grid water like I set out to do. All I need to do is figure this well pressure switch out. Its driving me mad, because I set it up like the shurflow diagram which I assume will be the proper setup for a system like this.

Another question I have is, Can I setup a 2a trickle charger to the batteries on the respective + and - terminals and be good to keep the batteries charged without problem? or should I wire them into the charge controller directly?

Any help is appreciated!
Wiring_Diagram_for_S.pdfAttached file: 24v off grid well pump diagram

ICC
# Posted: 18 Nov 2019 20:58

Quoting: Blaze
should I wire them into the charge controller directly?

Ordinary chargers that you run off 120 VAC should have their output connected to the batteries, not the CC

Is the pressure switch labeled as usable on both AC and DC or just AC or just DC??

Blaze
# Posted: 18 Nov 2019 21:15

ICC: cool, I have the 2a trickle charge connected to the batteries like you said and everything has been checking out well charge wise.

as far as the well pressure switch it is just AC I assume, it's just a regular AC well switch, but manuals I see for these low voltage sub water pumps don't detail that and they show these same looking pressure switches. I also can't seem to find these pressure switches in DC

ICC
# Posted: 18 Nov 2019 21:56

Many AC rated switches won't work on DC. Maybe search for a Grundfoss DC pressure switch if you can't find anything else rated for 24-30 VDC. Expect $$$, but it will be very good stuff. They make about the best AC and DC pump equipement.

Blaze
# Posted: 18 Nov 2019 22:01

that's what I'm seeing after searching, I can't seem to find much as far as 12 volt dc. I'll check out grundfoss and see what I can find. this makes me wonder when I see all these 12vdc water well pump manuals, what they don't ever detail is what type of switch they use.

Blaze
# Posted: 18 Nov 2019 22:15 - Edited by: Blaze

Brettny
# Posted: 19 Nov 2019 07:38

Alot of rv water pumps have the pressure switch in the pump.

Technically an AC pressure switch should work because its just abset of contacts that open/close with pressure from the diaphram. Have you tryed backing off the high pressure cut off?

Blaze
# Posted: 19 Nov 2019 21:53

yeah those rv inline pumps are limited in application for what im needing, although they would work to pump water from a cistern that is filled from a submersible.

UPDATE: I did find the one and only well pressure switch called LEFOO, obviously chinese, but ill give it a try, people used to go all the way around the world for chinese spices and goods, so not much has changed, now they come to our house.

anyways this LEFOO pressure switch is 12v/120/240v capable so the company says when I asked them. Well see if it works out, im holding out hope.

Thanks for the replies, ill update as needed and eventually post a pic of my full setup so it can maybe help others in my situation.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.