Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Off-Grid Living / Question for Bell Satellite TV subscribers and weekends at the cottage.
Mr RoC
# Posted: 4 Jun 2020 15:02

I'm thinking about switching from Rogers cable to Bell satellite TV at our home so we can bring up the receiver on the weekends to watch TV at our cabin.

Is this doable or do I need to have two accounts one for home and one for the cottage.

Do they ping the receiver to see its location and shut it down if it shows it at another location?

Thanks in advanced for the info.

Bruces
# Posted: 4 Jun 2020 15:13

Years ago Bell sold us a package to do that ,basically they gave us a second dish to install at camp .It worked perfectly as we did bring one receiver back and forth each time ,every once in awhile when we got to camp the receiver would lose its programming ,we thought they updated during the two hour journey ,but a quick call and they had it up and running again shortly .I ditched Bell years ago but my neighbour is still doing it to this day .

NunavutPA12
# Posted: 18 Jul 2020 16:32

You can have a second receiver in your house, on one account. We had a main receiver and another "in the bedroom". Actually, the second receiver was at the cabin.

They can't get a location on your receiver, since the receiver can only "listen", not "talk". Just to be sure, don't plug it into a 'phone line.

We discovered that both the receiver and a smallish flat-screen TV would work just fine from an inverter. But when we went home and turned off the power, the receiver would lose its programming. Since we couldn't call Bell from the cabin (no 'phone service) we had to haul the receiver home each time. It was more trouble than it was worth.

Now we just do without TV.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.