Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Off-Grid Living / Better cold weather water ideas
<< . 1 . 2 .
FishHog
# Posted: 26 Jun 2020 14:08

yup, very expensive. I struggled with it and used battery operated ones for years. Kept replacing them as they didn't last.
To be honest, its been one of my better investments for the cabin. I don't go a day without a shower and this just works.

1gal really isn't roughing it. The only difference is your not wasting water while you soap up. We do the same in our camper van as we have limited water supply. But I'm always clean and I do manage to get dirty during the day.

keystone
# Posted: 26 Jun 2020 14:19

That Zodi extreme thing looks like it could be very useful. Expensive yes, but very convenient.

FishHog
# Posted: 26 Jun 2020 14:59

You won’t regret it but you could buy a large stainless yard sprayer and make one. Probably cheaper

Brettny
# Posted: 26 Jun 2020 15:27

Even when we used a zodi pump, 5gal bucket (prob with 4gal in it) we still turned off between soap ups and it's just hardly enough.

FishHog
# Posted: 26 Jun 2020 17:19

You must be a big dude

justins7
# Posted: 26 Jun 2020 17:30

I also bought a second USB shower pump that is more powerful and clamps to the side of the bucket, so you don't have to reach in the water to turn it on or off. It also doubles as a portable pump of sorts. This thing is so useful in a cabin situation — and less than $50:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08142F98S/ref=dp_cerb_3?th=1

<< . 1 . 2 .
Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.