Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Off-Grid Living / Before & After
rachelsdad
# Posted: 27 Jul 2020 07:57

Thanks to all the help here especially Creeky and Nobaddays.

Creeky was superb even in the midst of a Covid slowdown.

Saves about 1,000 lbs and several years off my back!
Before
Before
After
After

Nobadays
# Posted: 27 Jul 2020 09:11

Cool... Looks great! I'm using one of Creeky's BMS to keep the cells balanced. Mine is the old style so no voltage readout, it just keeps the cells within about .01 volts of each other. In my application, I wish I had a BMS with cold temp shut down, but we just turn the system off when we leave in the winter and make sure they are around 40 degrees (really only have to be above 32*F/0*C... we are just cautious) before flipping the switch to allow charging. We leave them at 80% charge so for us around 46 volts, this amount of power (we have 6, 2kw modules- 12kw) will easily last us 2 days and the modules have always been warm by the next morning. Ours are in the space under the staircase in the middle of the cabin. They sit on 3" of cl ou sled cell foam to insulate them from the floor.

Have fun and enjoy your new system!

rachelsdad
# Posted: 27 Jul 2020 09:32

I love it. The first picture has the dead lead batteries sitting on a 4 x 4 pallet.

The Volts are perched on top of a 24" cabinet I took from the kitchen when I re did a few things.

The lead batteries, (if they could fit), would have crushed the cabinet below!!

Hapy days. No more humping 1,000 lbs of dead weight. Just shut off the CC and Inverter and go my happy way when it's time to close up for the year.

That reminds me. I need a pic of the BMS I purchased from Bobolink. He had me wait a few days after installing the batteries before hooking it to the system.. Pretty slick. I'll get one this upcoming weekend!

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.