Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Off-Grid Living / Cabin Water System
GreyValley7
# Posted: 28 Aug 2020 19:32

Hi All,
I have a remote cabin in the woods with a drilled well but no electricity. I’m hoping you all may provide a few ideas to get water from the well into the cabin for dishes/propane shower? For reference the well is about 30’ away on the downhill side
Thanks for the reply’s

Irrigation Guy
# Posted: 28 Aug 2020 20:19

Is this just a casing? Can you install a pump and run with generator? Do you want automatic? Do you want it piped into the house?

ICC
# Posted: 28 Aug 2020 20:50 - Edited by: ICC

and how deep is the hole? and the depth to static level?

GreyValley7
# Posted: 28 Aug 2020 21:37

Thanks for the reply’s. I would rather not run/listen to a generator if possible? I ultimately would like it pumped into the house to use for dishes/propane shower etc. I am not positive on the well depth, but It is a casing that originally had a hand pump connected to it. The static water level is about 15 ft below ground

ICC
# Posted: 28 Aug 2020 21:53

IF you had water in the house, with no electricity, how do you imagine getting it to the sink to do dishes or the shower?

ICC
# Posted: 28 Aug 2020 22:01

Part time or full time use?

I would probably install a two to three hundred gallon storage tank in, under or beside the cabin. Use a generator to power a shallow well pump to fill the tank as needed. Use a shurflo 12 vdc RV pump to distribute water in the cabin, powered off a battery with a solar charger. Something like that if it was part time use.

Irrigation Guy
# Posted: 28 Aug 2020 22:15

Depending on your usage you might be able to install a large pressure tank 80 gallons or so which would give you 40 gallons +/- of pressurized storage. You would likely only need to run the generator once a day to fill the tank. When I am at my place alone the pump comes on once a day and I have a 50 gallon tank, so about 20-25 gallon storage.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.