Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Off-Grid Living / Drainback systems
doglvr
# Posted: 13 Sep 2020 21:30 - Edited by: doglvr

Does anyone have any knowledge or experience with drainback systems. My cabin will not be heated in the winter but I will be using it periodically throughout the winter months. Having acces to my well water so I can have plumbing for shower/bathroom when we do use it would be awfully nice. I can't find much info out there on how to hook this type of system up. Any help would be appreciated!

toyota_mdt_tech
# Posted: 13 Sep 2020 23:19

You know on my solar well, we just pierce the poly pipe in the well shaft below the frost line, it creates an internal leak and the idea is it allows the water to bleed off. Its a very small hole, it 1/16th or even smaller. This will bleed off the well head and anything below the first check valve in the system. Not sure if this is exactyl what you are after. A duckduckgo.com search maybe?

Irrigation Guy
# Posted: 15 Sep 2020 07:11

Check this out https://www.flomatic.com/assets/pdf_files/oem/16016.pdf

Irrigation Guy
# Posted: 19 Sep 2020 20:36 - Edited by: Irrigation Guy

The boy and I finished our drain back today. Installed 1/4 ball valve just below pitless adapter and vacuume/air relief just before the well tank. Made a Handel out of 1/2 Pex so I can actuate the valve from just under the well cap.
E418A254B00D4F75B.jpeg
E418A254B00D4F75B.jpeg
1A028D1FEFF746B5B.jpeg
1A028D1FEFF746B5B.jpeg

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.