Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Off-Grid Living / Shurflo bypass not needed
paulz
# Posted: 20 Sep 2020 11:02

Thought I'd pass this along for anyone planning their water. When I plumbed my water system, I put a bypass line around the pump, since my tank is above the cabin and I get good gravity flow (but not enough to trigger the water heater). The bypass had a gate valve, so when the pump turned on it pushed the gate valve shut so it didn't push water back to the tank. The gate valve was never a perfect seal, so the pump would cycle for a second every minute or so. I didn't mind that really, good reminder the pump switch was on. Anyway the gate valve got to sticking last week so I tried just eliminating it and the bypass line. I still get decent enough gravity flow through the pump. And now the pump can stay on without turning on every minute.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.