Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Nature / Oh Boy! 60*f tomorrow!
gcrank1
# Posted: 14 Dec 2021 16:53

Unseasonably warm, probably a record breaker here in south central,WI. We had a winter storm with snow a few days ago but it has melted off, so tomorrow we Go To The Cabin (happy dance). We never know what the last time to drive in may be......

travellerw
# Posted: 15 Dec 2021 14:13

Its almost -30C here and we just got 30cm (12 inches) of snow. I can send some of that cold down your way if you like

BRADISH
# Posted: 15 Dec 2021 17:22

Yeah its been unseasonably cold here. Hardly cracked positive temps all week. Can we trade?

Nobadays
# Posted: 15 Dec 2021 17:40

Just got back in from packing our "trail" the mile long road from the FS road up to the cabin. The blue skies were wonderful this afternoon after a night of heavy snow and high winds... gusts to nearly 80 mph! Only about 6" of snow on the level. Supposed to be a low of 6 - 10F tonight, as clear as it is I'm guessing single digits for sure!
IMG_6861_resize_18.j.jpg
IMG_6861_resize_18.j.jpg
IMG_6865_resize_21.j.jpg
IMG_6865_resize_21.j.jpg

gcrank1
# Posted: 15 Dec 2021 19:46

This part of WI at home broke the all time record at 67*f!
The cabin is a bit north and I saw on the outside wall thermometer 58*. The warm air and still snow cover made for ground fog with some -0- visibility spots on the way in.
There was enough snow on the driveway that I only pulled in a ways and we pulled the day-trip stuff in the ice fishing plastic sled (nice!). All went well, the inside temp was 47* when I lit the LP furnace, in 45min it was up to 72*. Took it to 78* to really kick the chill out.
Had a nice lunch, walk, nap, etc and made it home just at dark. Good Times!

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.