Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Nature / Bear races Tesla
paulz
# Posted: 5 May 2022 10:58

Probably nothing new to most of you, but bears sightings are very rare around here.

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/fbk0nU6g-G4?&ab_channel=Jamie%27sGarage

DaveBell
# Posted: 6 May 2022 10:08

Is that a Grizzly or Brown? Either way, he has the right of way. FYI, I found bear rated bullets in 9mm. Three manufacturers.
Dave

paulz
# Posted: 6 May 2022 10:13

It got posted on the Nextdoor app. Big news around here. Comments say it's a black bear, only not black.
bear.jpeg
bear.jpeg

Gary O
# Posted: 6 May 2022 21:54

Yeah, we had brown bears up at the cabin that were actually 'black' bears.

However, that's a pretty big looking blackie

paulz
# Posted: 9 May 2022 12:32

I've been reading the Wiki on bears. Brown bears are Grizzlys, if I'm not mistaken, and are pretty much from Canada north. Bigger, hump above the shoulders, more concaved face. Black bears can be brown, ginger, even blonde.

That's what I know so far. That and if I ever see one on my property I will probably just die of a heart attack right there.

NorthRick
# Posted: 9 May 2022 18:01

Yeah, I'd say that's a brown colored black bear.

As far as Brown bears vs Grizzly's, you'll find differing opinions on whether they are the same species or not.

Here in Alaska, Brown bears are coastal and get huge on a relatively easy diet of fish. Grizzlies tend to be found inland and are smaller because good food is harder to come by. They tend to be more dangerous too. I suppose that's because they are hungry.

paulz
# Posted: 10 May 2022 15:58 - Edited by: paulz

Came across this picture of a Polar bear paw.
Screenshot_2022051.png
Screenshot_2022051.png

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.