Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Nature / Rodent or squirrel problems?
Brettny
# Posted: 15 Aug 2022 16:11

Any one else see anything like this before? Last year they chewed the plastic fitting off my propane tank..this year 2 pairs of MC4 connectors totally gone. They where working on the other pair in the pic too.

Dont judge my wire management, its temporary.
20220813_180309.jpg
20220813_180309.jpg

gcrank1
# Posted: 15 Aug 2022 17:58

The nasty little Red/Pine Squirrels are my nemesis, Ive shot 18 in the past almost 2yrs around the cabin. They also are at my home. They will tear up stuff!
Ate the top off my pressure washer gas cap this summer and tore a 12" hole in the bottom of a 18' mahogany boat years ago, lots of damage in between. I terminate them with prejudice when possible.

darz5150
# Posted: 15 Aug 2022 19:08 - Edited by: darz5150

I've had them chew halfway through a leg of plastic patio chairs. Didn't know it til my son in law sat in one. 😆Also had them chew the edges of some wooden stairs.

paulz
# Posted: 15 Aug 2022 20:57

Must be low on electrolytes.

No issues here, except I got in my old car in the shop today and it smells like piss. Yuck.

FishHog
# Posted: 16 Aug 2022 07:18

Red squirrels are my nemesis also

Brettny
# Posted: 17 Aug 2022 04:43

I havent seen a single squirrel at my place..I just cant see move doing all the damage I have seen.

Timpo
# Posted: 23 Aug 2022 08:11

Squirrels ruined my wire last year, had to setup traps and fix every single hole I've had around my roof, otherwise they would just sneak in and chew on my cables...

gcrank1
# Posted: 24 Aug 2022 21:14

Spent the day alone at the cabin working on a new window install....alone...well, except for the two Reds that kept mocking me. They used to chatter in the distance but have been moving closer; Ive even found remnants of chewed pine cones on the deck and picnic table.
Another 2 down with the 410, 20 and counting. Its sad but if I dont do it they take over the place.

BobW
# Posted: 26 Aug 2022 22:48

I had five squirrels in the yard, trapped and removed seven. How many do I have left?

Five

gcrank1
# Posted: 27 Aug 2022 19:47

One year at home I thought I had 4 Reds. I stopped seeing more after I got 14...... I have concluded that there is never just one left.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.