Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Nature / Canadian man in outhouse attacked by bear!
Montanagirl
# Posted: 24 May 2012 13:36

http://www.cnn.com/video/?hpt=hp_t2#/video/world/2012/05/24/dnt-bear-attacks-man-in-o uthouse.cbc

Will make me thankful for my indoor plumbing

trollbridge
# Posted: 24 May 2012 15:13

Oh great.......I will never leave the door open again.....in fact it will not only be closed it will be locked.........and I'll take a club with me to whack him over the head if I need to!!!!! LOL! I'll think about this all weekend!

The guy was very lucky indeed-that bear meant business!!!!! Yikes!

turkeyhunter
# Posted: 24 May 2012 15:17

i guess a bear does sh__t in the woods....

trollbridge
# Posted: 24 May 2012 15:18 - Edited by: trollbridge

Yes and their shit is always where we are about to step! And full of berries!

bobrok
# Posted: 24 May 2012 16:25

I would like to know what caliber "rifle" his friend used to exit the bear.
We have incriminating bear claws marks on our outhouse door from when the previous owners stored their food garbage in there...smart, real smart. The bear tore the door off to have dinner. Fortunately no one was around when this happened.

Montanagirl
# Posted: 24 May 2012 17:37

Campers are advised to carry bells so bears can hear them and pepper spray to chase bears away. Black bear scat is full of berry seeds, and grizzly bear scat is full of bells and smells like pepper.

rayyy
# Posted: 24 May 2012 18:01

thats it thats the joke ive been trying to remember,thanks montanagirl.

hattie
# Posted: 25 May 2012 00:51

WOW that guy is really lucky to be alive!! I don't think I'm going to want to use our camp outhouse again. YIKES!!

trollbridge
# Posted: 25 May 2012 10:05

Quoting: Montanagirl
Black bear scat is full of berry seeds, and grizzly bear scat is full of bells and smells like pepper.

Good one!!!!

Mtnviewer
# Posted: 27 May 2012 11:55

I heard the fellows interviewed on the radio. It made me think that there was more to the story than we were told. They may have just as well won a lottery, albeit an interesting lottery. At my cabin over the years, I've had SO MANY POSITIVE encounters with black bears, that I just wonder how accurate or complete this story is. It sickened me to hear them telling it & the CBC announcer laughing at the sad outcome. I really wonder if it had to come to the death of the bear. I've had such close encounters where a bear who was just curious pulled at my boot or pant leg, but it didn't take more than a verbal "Shoo" to get it to change it's choice. I share my cabin land with many bears & while most are very afraid of me, some have learned that I am not a threat to them & they wander through stress free. I do not let my guard down nor disrespect their wildness, they are not pets either. But I fear humans FAR FAR FAR more than bears & I've had many horrible encounters with humans, such as a neighbour couple from hell, even when just minding my own business, than I ever have from any wildlife. And I do not own a gun so I would have to find another way of dissuading a negative lottery bear encounter. I fear people, not bears. I respect bears, but very few people.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.