Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Nature / No more mating....
<< . 1 . 2 .
dghowler
# Posted: 29 Aug 2012 18:09

How about bullfrogs. A deep droning all night. Then the peepers. Nature's symphony.

trollbridge
# Posted: 29 Aug 2012 22:17

Agreed...sounds so soothing doesn't it?

trollbridge
# Posted: 13 Sep 2012 18:17

Quoting: trollbridge
We have a dozen turkeys that walk through our front lawn each day around the same time

Looks like we are down to 5 now...I haven't seen any of the younger ones in about a week. Something must be getting a full belly around here

wakeslayer
# Posted: 14 Sep 2012 11:22

coyotes?

trollbridge
# Posted: 14 Sep 2012 18:53

I dunno. I was thinking a fox. They spent a good hour and a half in our yard today just right outside the door. My granddaughter enjoyed that.

We also noticed the dreaded box elder bugs arrived today. They are covering the back of the house. This means that the even more dreaded stinky asian beetles can't be far behind. Oh joy.

trollbridge
# Posted: 21 Sep 2012 16:33

Quoting: wakeslayer
coyotes?

Yep! That is what is getting them...we heard them last night while outside. Creepy

wakeslayer
# Posted: 21 Sep 2012 18:12

May I recommend something in a .223/5.56 ...

We also have had the invasion of the box elder bugs. I hate those things. Seems like we have switched from the Asian beetles to box elders the last couple years. Having a white house is the worst for them...

trollbridge
# Posted: 21 Sep 2012 20:30

The coyotes are creepy! Hate hearing them get so excited and then just quiet...and you know it is all over for whatever it is they were after.

I just pray the Asian beetles and the box elders never make it as far north as our cabin! I agree the box elders were worse here last year too.

Bevis
# Posted: 23 Sep 2012 18:33

Quoting: trollbridge
they don't have the frogs in Florida

I beg to differ !!! you have to get out of the City and into the Country to hear them.

trollbridge
# Posted: 24 Sep 2012 10:05

Oh I am positive there are plenty of frogs in Florida-I meant at my mom's house ya don't get the pleasure of hearing them though. Bummer!

Do you hear them at your house Bevis?

trollbridge
# Posted: 26 Sep 2012 10:31

UGH!!!! The Asian Beetles arrived yesterday!!!! A warm sunny day and the whole back of the house was covered with wasp, asian beetles and box elder bugs. Ick, ick, ick!!!

Bevis
# Posted: 26 Sep 2012 11:24

TB, yes I hear them at my house, after all I do live in the country.

trollbridge
# Posted: 20 May 2013 22:25 - Edited by: trollbridge

That time of year again

Ahhhhhhhhhh...frog and toad mating season...sounds so spectacular outside right now...what a gorgeous, gorgeous night! Perfect temps, wonderful sounds of nature and the moon shining brightly upon us. Spring really doesn't get any better than this!

<< . 1 . 2 .
Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.