Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Nature / To rain or not to rain,dat is D question?
rayyy
# Posted: 1 Aug 2012 17:52

Yah know,,,It doesn't rain for 6 week's then yesterday,we get hammered.What a mess.The storm drains in town couldn't handle it so it flooded up everywhere.I knew my work week was going to well!lol.

Martian
# Posted: 1 Aug 2012 18:02

I've tried everything I know of to get some rain. I've left windows open, tools out, projects uncovered, and even ordered a cistern tank. It still hasn't rained!

What did you do to get yours?

Tom

OwenChristensen
# Posted: 1 Aug 2012 18:17

Strange summer here. Dry, flood, dry now back to normal.

Owen

trollbridge
# Posted: 1 Aug 2012 22:36

Not to worry Owen....Duluth will have no more flooding since we dug that pond at our cabin!!!

Martian...it will rain but not until you fill the cistern tank!

rayyy
# Posted: 2 Aug 2012 05:57

lol,maybe mother nature needs new glasses,martian.She aimed for you but got me!

exsailor
# Posted: 2 Aug 2012 12:20

Martian have you washed your car or truck yet?

Dillio187
# Posted: 2 Aug 2012 12:35

I'm looking forward to some high temps in the 70's this weekend at the cabin. Finally.

trollbridge
# Posted: 2 Aug 2012 14:57

Me too Dillio! The forecast looks great...hope it doesn't change. Is your driveway drying out? Hope so

Martian
# Posted: 2 Aug 2012 18:29

Quoting: exsailor
Martian have you washed your car or truck yet?

I'm afraid the Jeep would go into shock if I washed it! But then, if it would get some rain, it might be worth it.

Tom

Dillio187
# Posted: 2 Aug 2012 23:32

Quoting: trollbridge
Me too Dillio! The forecast looks great...hope it doesn't change. Is your driveway drying out? Hope so

not really dry, but it's better. It's going to take some gravel to fix right!

trollbridge
# Posted: 3 Aug 2012 07:55

Yeah, gravel will help. If you are able you should consider larger rock for the base then the gravel over the top of that. This year was extremely wet for you though so maybe you won't have it so bad in the future.

Dillio187
# Posted: 3 Aug 2012 10:09

I've been dumping old landscape rock on it as I get it, a friend is taking his backyard pool out so I have a lot on hand, it's just getting the manual labor done to shovel and haul it all!

trollbridge
# Posted: 3 Aug 2012 10:40

Yes I remember that that is where you are getting your rock from. It is really hard work hauling and shoveling by hand.....and this heat isn't helping any is it? We were fortunate that when we had our rock dropped off at the end of our driveway my brother in law came with his tractor and spread it out for us- in exchange we paid his gas. Don't work too hard this weekend!

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.