Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Nature / Canada and US in the ice box
<< . 1 . 2 .
bobrok
# Posted: 13 Dec 2013 17:16

Well, we've gone from pretty much no snow to this in the Tug Hill area of NY in the last couple of days. Been keeping the Weather Channel people busy, too!
Love those webcams.
yep, it has arrived
yep, it has arrived

neb
# Posted: 13 Dec 2013 18:18 - Edited by: neb

TheWildMan
What does a cord go for?

bobrok
We don't have much snow yet and I hope we don't get much. I can live with the cold it is the snow that can make it a long winter for me.

silverwaterlady
# Posted: 13 Dec 2013 18:48

In Orlando on Wed. In the 70's. Buffalo NY yesterday mini blizzard,lake effect snow. PA this evening and planning to drive as far south as possable to avoid the snow storm. Going to Phoenix.

Bevis
# Posted: 17 Dec 2013 17:52

still shorts/ tshirt, and flip flops or crocs here in SW Floriduh

razmichael
# Posted: 17 Dec 2013 18:54

Ottawa Ontario - reported temperature this morning was -27C (-16F) but this is measured at the airport. At the end of our driveway way out in the rural area it was -36C (-33F). Won't even bother adding the windchill to this. Coooolddddd

silverwaterlady
# Posted: 17 Dec 2013 20:21

Brrr-That is cold! I'm on the NM/TX border it was 73F before the sunset.

naturelover66
# Posted: 17 Dec 2013 21:44

Not fair !!! 25 here in Detroit. But, we have 7 inches of snow... so its pretty out.

beachman
# Posted: 18 Dec 2013 08:32

It has been cold in Eastern Canada too. About -18 (around 0 to 1 or 2 below in F) pretty steady for the last several days. A big warm up today - -9c or about 15f. We are getting the snowstorm that just left New England yesterday. Might get 10 inches on top of the foot we got on Sunday.

MJW
# Posted: 18 Dec 2013 10:10

Almost all of our 14 inches from 2 weeks ago is gone except for the shady places as this week the highs have been close to 60 degrees again.

Weatherman says the next round is coming this weekend but it is too soon to tell what type and how much. Could be alot more snow...could just be alot of rain.

TheWildMan
# Posted: 18 Dec 2013 13:07 - Edited by: TheWildMan

I was undercutting everyone else around here. Face cords are the usual measure locally, 8' x 4' x 16" (3 face cords equal a full cord). usually green wood sells $55-65 per cord and dry wood sells $65-95 per cord. prices vary for delivered vs pick up, logs vs cut to size and split, bulk volume vs single cord.

I was selling green wood at $40 per cord, dry for $50, delivered for an extra $10/cord, all cut to size and split. cheaper than average for my area, but I sold off my surplus very quickly (I estimate I have enough for 3+ years, surplus is anything more than that)

silverwaterlady
# Posted: 3 Jan 2014 20:14

After a week at home in the frozen snowy north I am happy to be back on the road in TX. Had TX BBQ for dinner and heading for Laredo and a high of 61F tomorrow. How is the weather where you are?

PatrickH
# Posted: 3 Jan 2014 20:43

Its cold in the twin cities getting colder the governor closed all the schools for monday already high is suppose to be -14F Ice pellets tonight whatever that is doesn't seem cold enough to close the schools but im sure the kids wont mind.

neb
# Posted: 3 Jan 2014 20:43

Still in the deep freeze here in the north country. It was 40 degrees today and rain and just like that a blizzard. Winds are 25 mph and blowing snow. They say wind chill for Sunday -61 so I will stay home. Want to get to cabin and throw a few logs in the stove but that won't happen.

davey25
# Posted: 4 Jan 2014 00:11

Yah -50 ..now were in the deep freeze

cabingal3
# Posted: 4 Jan 2014 13:40

love the web cams...I can check our woods daily.its 5 degrees up at the cabin this morning.not too bad.

<< . 1 . 2 .
Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.