Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Nature / new wildlife photography
avan
# Posted: 21 Jun 2010 20:30 - Edited by: avan

Hi again, some new picture to share. Some are from our land or the area, some around Montreal where we live the other time of the year. the first are our cabin in very early spring, evidence of moose around and in front of the cabin. One of the road this winter, it was beautiful at this time, but now I have lots of wood cleaning. The stream in early spring was just powerfull and the small bridge we built was safe thanks! One stranger in the wildlife/ nature (2th) serie : our archaeological field school at the museum. IT take so much place in my life in that period (mai-june) that I include it. Any way, even if now it's located in the old montreal, in early 17th, the site was surrounded by forest and we found lot of bears, beaver, moose, geese and turtle bones in the strat of this period.
_MG_9777cabanew.jpg
_MG_9777cabanew.jpg
fantomes3w.jpg
fantomes3w.jpg
ruisseau1w.jpg
ruisseau1w.jpg
renardw2.jpg
renardw2.jpg

avan
# Posted: 21 Jun 2010 20:34

some other and the last from the work (it's part of the life)
30D400mm3w.jpg
30D400mm3w.jpg
30D400mmf5.61w.jp.jpg
30D400mmf5.61w.jp.jpg
grandducaunidW.jp.jpg
grandducaunidW.jp.jpg
chantierdefouilles.jpg
chantierdefouilles.jpg

avan
# Posted: 22 Jun 2010 12:44

Last batch, enjoy!
biternW.jpg
biternW.jpg
deer.jpg
deer.jpg
moosew.jpg
moosew.jpg
warblerw.jpg
warblerw.jpg

CabinBuilder
Admin
# Posted: 22 Jun 2010 14:29

Excellent professional photos, avan!
Thanks.

avan
# Posted: 6 Jul 2010 14:56

Some new one taken this week-end, the sunset are taken on top of the mountain up the road crossing our land. This is the place to go watch the sunset in the area. The next picture are on top of the MT-Hereford close to our land. from there we can see some mountain as far as the mt-washington. The mark on the ground show the direction of Dixville,a small village close to where I take the first shot.
panoramacoucherde.jpg
panoramacoucherde.jpg
mtherefordversDix.jpg
mtherefordversDix.jpg

steveqvs
# Posted: 6 Jul 2010 16:03

Excellent pictures. So what lens / camera are you using. I really liked the crispness of your pictures. Espcially Renardw2. Theres not a bad picture in this post though!! Good work.

steve

avan
# Posted: 6 Jul 2010 16:27 - Edited by: avan

Thank you very much! this is a batch of different Canon SLR camera, from 30D(8Mp) to pro 1DMK3(10mp). For animal and bird shot, I usualy use fixed focal lens like the 400mm f5.6 and 300mm f2.8 IS and sometime when the animal are too close, like for the fox shot: a pro zoom, like the 70-200mm f4 IS lens. For landscape and other work, I use a standard 24-105mm f4 IS and ultrawide Tokina 11-16mm lens, like for the last 2 shots. Digital images always need post production work, like sharpening, contrast, saturation. this is inherent to the antialiasing filter in front of the digital sensor, this filter cut small detail. Yes they are all good (at least i think and hope), but they are choose from much many. The 1DMK3 can shoot 10 image/sec, so for action like the fox shot, I ended with close to hundred shot to choose from, but from the batch you can choose the right moment, like this one with the leg lift and ready to catch something (in this case my fingers).

Gary O
# Posted: 6 Aug 2010 23:35

Man, I respect you're ability and admire your work, Avan.
I fiddle around with my Nykon digital SLR, and love the economy of it in relation to the old film 35 SLR.
Your photo compositions are outstanding.
Thank you for sharing.
Here's some of mine
Oregon coast on a rare clear evening sunset

Gary O'
coast.JPG
coast.JPG
coast_2.JPG
coast_2.JPG
coast_3.JPG
coast_3.JPG
coast_4.JPG
coast_4.JPG

Just
# Posted: 26 Jun 2013 08:09

Found this 100 feet from the back door of our place on the north shore of lake Eire .First time I have seen a wild cactus in Ontario.
cid_80.jpg
cid_80.jpg

OwenChristensen
# Posted: 26 Jun 2013 08:16

Grandson being chased by a Sable.
Go!
Go!

Purplerules
# Posted: 27 Jun 2013 00:04

Beautiful pictures, Thanks for sharing.

Ontario lakeside
# Posted: 27 Jun 2013 00:25

Here's a shot from last weekend at the cottage.

This woodpecker was 18" tall!
Screen_shot_201306.png
Screen_shot_201306.png

avan
# Posted: 27 Jun 2013 09:31

This is the pileated woodpecker.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.