Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Nature / Cute Wildlife
hattie
# Posted: 25 Jul 2010 21:29

Our dog treed a squirrel this morning and later when I went to check on the squirrel, I found him hanging onto the plastic squirrel we have nailed to our cottonwood tree. He really looked cute!
Squirrel with plastic friend
Squirrel with plastic friend
close-up
close-up

hattie
# Posted: 31 Jul 2010 22:38 - Edited by: hattie

Hubby and I were out on the rhino today. We went up the mountain behind us to the alpine lake at 6,000 feet. He took these photos. It was beautiful up there (no other people, but lots of mosquitoes). All the bugs attracted the fish. The fish were jumping right out of the water to catch the bugs and hubby tried to photograph one in the air, but only got the splash in the second photo. Our friend, who is an oldtimer in the area, actually stocked that lake decades ago. He carried the baby fish in waterproof saddle bags and took them in on horseback. Locals know that it is a great place to fish but only accessable by quad or 4 wheel drive vehicle.
Beautiful lake
Beautiful lake
Jumping fish
Jumping fish

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.