Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Nature / Sharing chores with the neighbors
groingo
# Posted: 16 Jun 2015 22:28 - Edited by: groingo

Never lacking for clean up help my crew consists of nothing but the highest skilled workers nature can provide.

My sanitation squad consists of three squirrels (mom and two yearlings)
all of which have their own set of skills and then there's the two, make it 3 chipmunks, mom, pop and the kid who do the light floor level clean up while the squirrels all 3 like to work higher up tossing things down to be cleaned up by the chipmunks, squirrels are better suited or mooching food than cleaning it up.

Everyone has their own distinct personality and everyone has their own way of getting your attention and raising holy hell if you don't give it to them such as playing squirrel chase on the side of the house going round and round and round at 5 o'clock in the morning.

With all this going on my cat Mr. D has come to the conclusion that this long-tailed mob is more trouble than it's worth and in fact when he is outside in their feeding area many come up to him to say hi, he just seems to enjoy their company and they his.

Gary O
# Posted: 17 Jun 2015 00:21

excellent

hattie
# Posted: 18 Jun 2015 12:52

groingo - it is better than tv most of the time. Wild animals are pretty entertaining and they do get used to us humans invading their space. We were away for awhile and came back on Tuesday night. Wednesday morning one of the steller's jays spotted me in the bedroom window and started such a ruckus you wouldn't believe! All his friends came by and they were dancing around under the bedroom window telling me to get my act in gear and put out some peanuts.

creeky
# Posted: 18 Jun 2015 13:10

My guardians of the field were in action.

Horsefly was buzzing about and then I felt something on my back. Turned my head and this is what I saw. Stayed for his entire meal.

Not only had time to get the camera out of the studio but I got the complete episode of munching. Can't say I've ever been used as a dinner plate before.
dragonfly04u.jpg
dragonfly04u.jpg

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.