Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Nature / Da!n tree rats
black_raven
# Posted: 17 Oct 2015 21:46

Got to the cabin today to do some work and when I got in the place was trashed by black squirrels. They chewed a hole through the wall and got into rafters then broke all kinds of stuff inside. Broken glass everywhere . One dead one inside that I think cut itself on the glass.

I ended up spending a few hours climbing 20 ft up to seal up the roof and clean up. Anyway at least my new generator and nail gun worked great

rayyy
# Posted: 18 Oct 2015 05:53

Know what-cha mean.You know they are more than welcome to be around as long as they live outside in their own home and respect you being in your home.That goes for mice,flies,skeeters,spiders,chipmunks,red squirrels and all other uninvited critters looking to shack up with you under your roof.

OutdoorFanatic
# Posted: 18 Oct 2015 09:33 - Edited by: OutdoorFanatic

LoL. First time I've heard them called "Tree Rats."

Little buggers do have some strong teeth though, dont they.
I know a lady who left a box of cereal in one of her cabinets one winter and they ate a 6" hole thru the wall and every cabinet she had to get to it.

They sell rodent repellent at Agway that seems to work pretty good. They smell like peppermint. I guess rodents cant stand peppermint.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.