Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Nature / Fisher Cat in Virginia...
RichInTheUSA
# Posted: 20 Feb 2016 19:43

Last year my neighbor got a fisher cat on his game cam....

Today I was lucky enough to catch one (or two?) on two of my game cams.

Pretty neat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpIUulRL-qA

Just
# Posted: 21 Feb 2016 23:10

Don't like em , they are spooky , try meeting one in the bush, they make a god awful noise .

RichInTheUSA
# Posted: 22 Feb 2016 06:43

Spooky like a black cat! Foxes can make some pretty strange sounds too.

In case anyone wants to hear the sound... here you go:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrvdzCGjbzw

LoonWhisperer
# Posted: 22 Feb 2016 11:46

Another great video Rich. Your Moultrie does a great job capturing the action.

RichInTheUSA
# Posted: 22 Feb 2016 15:03

Thanks LoonWhisperer...

I really like the Moultries too, and will eventually convert all my game cameras to that brand.

One thing i don't like is that game cam manufacturers say that they have 1 second trigger response. That may be true, but they generally take 15 seconds to start recording after the trigger.

Notice I only got the Fisher exiting the frame? I have lots of pics of bear butts leaving the frame too.

Anyhow, I'm grateful to have the technology to see the animals... and happy to share it with those of you who like to see them too.

Have a blessed day!

FishHog
# Posted: 22 Feb 2016 16:14

very cool, and looks like you have a good spot.
I have the same issue with 15second delays. But its still exciting to watch what you got.

NorthRick
# Posted: 22 Feb 2016 16:27

Does the falling snow trigger the camera?

Jebediah
# Posted: 22 Feb 2016 16:54

I love these posts/pics about wildlife.

Quoting: NorthRick
Does the falling snow trigger the camera

Falling snow or leaves shouldn't affect your camera, at least my Spy Point isn't triggered in that manner.

My Spy Point has side sensors that can be turned on so there's no delay once the animal comes into view, but I don't care for the picture quality.

RichInTheUSA
# Posted: 22 Feb 2016 23:38

My cams will trigger if there is a big gust, or if there is a leaf moving right in front of it.

Rick... some times i think the snow triggers it... but then again, an animal may have run by and was out of the frame before the camera came on, and it happened to be snowing. ??

I presume that a deer triggered the camera when my cam caught a mountain lion running at full speed... ... same thing with the coyote chasing the deer at the end of the video above.

Also, the trigger is different from the day vs the night... motion during the day, infra red (heat) during the night.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.