Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Nature / Goslings
hueyjazz
# Posted: 2 May 2016 11:52

So this being the fourth year of my pair of geese laying eggs at my pond.
Welcome this year's six new goslings. Saturday they hatched. Ma and PA take them around the pond to show off and do their victory laps. I expect in keeping with tradition this weekend is the last we see of them until next year.
Cute little fur balls
looks like all the eggs hatched without incident...or fox

Sorry to my Canadian brothers, these are American geese. Their offspring by birthright are American
IMG_0905.JPG
IMG_0905.JPG
IMG_0882.JPG
IMG_0882.JPG

hattie
# Posted: 2 May 2016 15:05

Adorable!!!

FishHog
# Posted: 2 May 2016 15:45

No need to apologize. You can call them what every you want. I have Canadian Goose goslings on my beach right now. Being on the border with Michigan, they could go either way, but right now they are Canadian.
Yesterday I called the "cute". In a few weeks when they keep crapping on my beach, I'll call them something else. In the fall, I'll call them tasty on my dinner plate.

bldginsp
# Posted: 2 May 2016 16:07

The reason they have so many is because, unfortunately, many don't survive. Snacks for the foxes and raccoons. Hope yours make it.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.