Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Nature / Summer Spoils
Barrys Bay
# Posted: 1 Mar 2011 20:35

Here are some pics of the fantastic mushroom finds and feasts we usually enjoy at the cabin, as long as the weather is good. You can view more of our pics on "Member's Projects and Photos" section.
The Cabin
The Cabin
King Porcini "Cep Boletus" Mushroom
King Porcini "Cep Boletus" Mushroom
Another fine one
Another fine one
Fried Mushrooms
Fried Mushrooms

Barrys Bay
# Posted: 1 Mar 2011 20:51

Summer Spoils: Last year we went to our lot in mid July, to find a smorgasbord of blackberries. The raspberries and thimbleberries add colour and extra flavour. I find thimbleberries taste like nature's fresh version of sorbet, they're just a burst of lavour in your mouth!

We also enjoyed beer-battered large-mouth, as well as crisped nachos and home-made chilli slow-cooked over the fire.
Berry Blast
Berry Blast
"Last Supper" request:  French Toast with Wild Berries
"Last Supper" request: French Toast with Wild Berries
Fish and Froth
Fish and Froth
"Fast" Food
"Fast" Food

hattie
# Posted: 1 Mar 2011 20:56

One word - YUM!!

islandguy
# Posted: 2 Mar 2011 20:13

Ah yes, our country estates do provide superlative opportunities for fine dining, as well as imbibing the finest of wines. I find of particular interest your aformentioned repast of fried bass and beer. It behooves me to beg your kind permission to partake of such victuals,
and can only hope a generous invitation to your next fine dining experience would be forthcoming.
Signed, Islandguy

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.