Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Nature / Got Snow?
ICC
# Posted: 19 Nov 2019 20:22 - Edited by: ICC

None left from the dusting a week or so ago, but more possible tonight and over the next few days and nights. A weather advisory has been issued. Actually a mix of rain and snow depending..... It could be slippery. Nice to not have to go anywhere.

snobdds
# Posted: 20 Nov 2019 17:29

We had snow starting early October. I was elk hunting and we had 25 inches during the 3rd week of October.

This is normal for Wyoming, although i have not had that much snow elk hunting in a good 25 years.

I think there is about 40 inches at the cabin. Considering we were not able to get in to the cabin until the 4th of july and the early snow, it was short cabin season. Were on pace for another huge snow year.

ICC
# Posted: 20 Nov 2019 21:07

That's a lot of snow as far as I am concerned. The rain turned to snow a few minutes ago here. Only 3 inches expected overnight. Maybe 5+ tomorrow.

Take care.

KinAlberta
# Posted: 24 Nov 2019 12:18 - Edited by: KinAlberta

We’ve had a bit of snow since early November. Very little but we’re a pretty dry climate. Just enough to cover the ground. Our temperatures have been swinging pretty wildly as they often do here in the fall.

Edmonton weather: 🎶Oh, the weather outside is … delightful🎶 – Edmonton Journal

You are not dreaming, Edmonton. We did not, in fact, travel in time by six months. Saturday’s weather is actually going to be quite delightful.
As the days get shorter and shorter and the cold slowly starts creeping in, take advantage of a 10 C day today. This may be the last time we see this kind of sunshine and warmth for a while. Take some time to enjoy the outdoors and have fun.

On This Day (1996-2018)

Highest temperature: 14.6 C (2005)

Lowest temperature: -27.5 C (2010)

https://edmontonjournal.com/news/local-news/edmonton-weather-oh-the-weather-outside-i s-delightful

Days are getting shorter for us:

Sunrise: 8:18 a.m.
November 25, 2019 (MST)

Sunset: 4:25 p.m.
November 24, 2019 (MST)

Moomps
# Posted: 26 Nov 2019 08:18

they're saying up to a FOOT of snow tonight in southern Minnesota where my cabin is. More later over the weekend. Oh well - it is November in Minnesota...

NorthRick
# Posted: 26 Nov 2019 18:05

It's been up and down for us. Get some rain, then snow, then more rain, etc. Of course, it's snow when I'm trying to get walls up.

D
Quoting: KinAlberta
Days are getting shorter for us:

Sunrise: 8:18 a.m.
November 25, 2019 (MST)

Sunset: 4:25 p.m.
November 24, 2019 (MST)

Getting dark for us too as you can see in the photo.

Sunrise Today:9:44 am

Sunset Today:3:50 pm
Walls in snow
Walls in snow

ICC
# Posted: 26 Nov 2019 18:26

Snow is on the way for here beginning Wed afternoon. Up to a couple of feet, maybe. . I have the tractor and blower at the ready.

Nobadays
# Posted: 27 Nov 2019 10:02

We are finally getting a bit of snow at the cabin in Jasper, CO... caretaker is posting pics. So far only about 4-5". We plan to head up there for about a month sometime in the next couple of weeks. Got a huge slash pile between two burn piles we need to burn up while snow is on the ground... but before there are "feet" of snow, we hope. They are expecting more up there but so far the forecast isn't for fett of snow....

Forecast is for anywhere between 4-5" to as much as 25" here in north central AZ over the next couple of days!

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.