Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Properties / fix up cottage cheap
<< . 1 . 2 .
gcrank1
# Posted: 20 Jan 2021 13:08

Fwiw, I dont know any contractor that has the time to take a vacation in season. They are so busy that it is hard enough to actually get one to come out and give an estimate much less come do the work.
Also, 'cheap' and 'good work' dont often happen.
Not sayin it cant happen though.....
Now a 'handyman' kind of person it might work. Most every area has folks that do small jobs but they are already known in the community and word travels pretty quick of good timely work for reasonable rates. Then they end up with more work commitments than they can handle if they 'cant say no' and end up with no time to vacation.
Vicious circle that.

eugenia_
# Posted: 20 Jan 2021 15:08

gcrank1
Right, thank you , and season is I assume spring to fall. Maybe the exchange might have a chance to work off season. I go to cottages in winter (summer is camping time). And in winter there is so much availability even on the weekends. Dont understand why people don't go cottaging in winter. Well, then maybe hired contractors would be a great opportunity for winter, considering other issues are solved (trust, etc)

eugenia_
# Posted: 20 Jan 2021 15:12

WILL1E
Hi Will1e
Did you by any chance consider placing the most recent posts on top? Maybe the question first and then the latest reply.
Unless your approach works better when people provide instructions.
I hope I'm not interfering into your process.

<< . 1 . 2 .
Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.