Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Properties / Clearing!
Irrigation Guy
# Posted: 11 Apr 2021 12:22

I had a guy out yesterday to do some clearing. He used a forestry mulcher. If you have never seen one in action I recommend it! He spent the day grinding up over growth and small trees that were too much for my tractor. I am very pleased with the results.
B2C3622E7BAF438EB.jpeg
B2C3622E7BAF438EB.jpeg
529D91CFE8C942189.jpeg
529D91CFE8C942189.jpeg
6A3EFB52D6D24DFB9.jpeg
6A3EFB52D6D24DFB9.jpeg

paulz
# Posted: 11 Apr 2021 12:28

Sweet! Looks great. Always nice when you can get someone else do clean up.

I just got notice, again this year, that the state fire prevention dudes are coming by with the truck and chipper in a month or so. I have to cut and drag it to the curb but better than nothing.

Shadyacres
# Posted: 11 Apr 2021 14:01

Looks good , I wish they had one to grind up big rocks and boulders.

ICC
# Posted: 11 Apr 2021 14:40

Those mulchers are great! I have some videos someplace of one in action. It's been a while; maybe I can find one. Must have been an 8 foot wide drum on the front. Everything it would drive over went out the back end in small shreds.

Nate R
# Posted: 11 Apr 2021 18:04 - Edited by: Nate R

I had one of those out after my 60 year old red pine stand was thinned. Had them grinding up a bunch of the slash and even a few stumps and log chunks! Fun to watch! 120 HP special skid steer used here.

I've got a quick video from mine in 2017:URL

Brettny
# Posted: 11 Apr 2021 18:40

Your cabin site looks great! The perfect amount of trees in the clearing.

Irrigation Guy
# Posted: 11 Apr 2021 20:04

I will be able to handle a lot more with my tractor now that the heavy stuff is gone. I think I will need to have him back every couple years to do the steep slopes though.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.