Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Properties / Recreational cabin in Sullivan County NY?
drabina
# Posted: 26 Jan 2022 14:16

Is there a way to build a recreational cabin in Sullivan County, NY? By recreational I mean something used seasonally (all months except winters), powered by solar with rainwater collection system? I would probably just install septic tank for wastewater. I know that in PA I can submit recreational cabin affidavit to build a cabin with less strict code laws. Just couldn't find any info if such option exists in Sullivan County, NY.

curious
# Posted: 26 Jan 2022 15:57

ask the county?

Brettny
# Posted: 26 Jan 2022 19:27

In Sullivan county you ask the town not the county. Septic needs to be permitted and approved and is roughly the same though out the state.

As to the rest of your plans it really depends and alot depends on your neighbors if you decide to bend the laws. Again ask the town before you buy the land.

gcrank1
# Posted: 26 Jan 2022 21:08 - Edited by: gcrank1

Every time Ive looked lately all that kind of info is available online for the given townships and/or county's. Stuff that is state regulated/permitted will be there and referenced as such on the town or county site.
Pre-Covid you could stop into the county land office most anywhere and chat. It isnt a bad way to go unless you a.ready own property and are going stealth. If you dont own but want to feel out how a community is it can be informative on many levels.

Brettny
# Posted: 27 Jan 2022 08:02

Quoting: gcrank1
Pre-Covid you could stop into the county land office most anywhere and chat.

Every town/county or state inspector has a phone number and there all easily available online. Questions are free to ask and the inspector may actualy be a very nice person to talk to.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.