Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Properties / having trouble finding what i'm looking for... advise or help please
jshane
# Posted: 12 Oct 2011 14:15

I'm new to the community and this is my first post. here is what I'm looking for:
5 – 7 acres
less than $1,000 an acre
EXTREMELY secluded (isolated)
hard to get to
wooded / mixed wood
NO utilities
NO paved roads
water source: river, spring, creek
mountainous (not a must but would like)
No structures
here's the problem. I know this is available I've seen many articles and post about people buying exactly what i'm looking for but I can't seem to find anything like that. Could someone please help me... Thanks. Jo~

trollbridge
# Posted: 12 Oct 2011 15:04

Could you narrow down a state or region? Also welcome!

jshane
# Posted: 12 Oct 2011 15:22

Thank you for the welcome and replying to my question. I don't actually have a state or region in mind I'm a physically healthy male 35 years old. I have no kids and I'm a confirmed life long bachelor. I have no roots and I'm not nailed down to anyone or anything. I guess what I'm trying to say is when I see it I'll know that's where I want to homestead. I just don't know "how" to find what I'm looking for. Miles between me and my neighbors is what I'm looking for too.

trollbridge
# Posted: 12 Oct 2011 15:33

Ahh,I see. Do you have any thoughts on climate or doesn't that matter either? Sounds like you want to be very remote. Will this be a home or cabin for you?

Montanan
# Posted: 12 Oct 2011 15:34

There's a lot of land that meets your criteria out here in Montana- more cows than people and a heck of a lot of remote areas. I'm not sure if you'd get water with water rights at that price per acre, though.

jshane
# Posted: 12 Oct 2011 15:40

Climate would play a roll I'd like to have a seasonal vegetable garden for canning a food supply. Maybe keep a chicken or two for eggs and meat, and yes a cabin. I have no problem with the construction seeing as how I'm a carpenter, and yes remote! I don't need much space. Like I said climate is a small factor but as long as I had a window to fill a food cash I'd be ok.

trollbridge
# Posted: 12 Oct 2011 15:44 - Edited by: trollbridge

Yeah,I don't think there is anywhere remote enough for you in Wisconsin but maybe the UP of Michigan. Land is fairly inexpensive up there too. My suggestion would be to use the internet as much as you can and then call the listing agents to pick their brains as much as possible. When it comes down to it though, I can't even tell you how many miles we logged in our car driving to see each piece of land- but we would be gone for 12 to 14 hours at a time. Good luck!

jshane
# Posted: 12 Oct 2011 15:45

Thanks!

Rob_O
# Posted: 12 Oct 2011 16:13

You might try this http://www.landwatch.com/Land_For_Sale. I quickly found a few places you might like in TN and KY for around $1500/acre.

swapsun
# Posted: 16 Oct 2011 20:23

Hello jshane,

Whats funny is that most people do not even know when you ask them stuff like what you asked for.... "5 – 7 acres/less than $1,000 an acre/EXTREMELY secluded (isolated)/hard to get to/wooded / mixed wood/NO utilities /NO paved roads/water source: river, spring, creek/mountainous (not a must but would like)/No structures/..."

They think one is a little daft... But this is exactly what I have been looking for and most real estate companies think I am not too sound in the head... If you run into anyone dealing in such properties, let me know. It will be difficult, as the country we live in is way too commercialized... but, will keep trying...

Thanks

SS

jshane
# Posted: 16 Oct 2011 20:28

swapsun
I have found 7.5 acres for 4,500. thats 800 an acre I'm no where near ready to "go after my dream" but if you'd like the info I'd be more than happy to share it with you.
And you're right I've talked to real estate agents about it and they get a blank look on there face.

Anonymous
# Posted: 16 Oct 2011 20:46

I bought 20 acres in the woods right on a lake for $10,000 in Oklahoma.

jshane
# Posted: 16 Oct 2011 20:49

Anonymous

sounds nice! are you off grid?

swapsun
# Posted: 17 Oct 2011 15:23

jshane,

Yes, I will be most happy to get the details of the land you mention... (if you could). Please let me know if you would rather send it to my email or post it here.
My email is swapsun at gmail dot com.

jshane
# Posted: 17 Oct 2011 15:34

here ya go:

http://www.landandfarm.com/property/7.5_Acres_Raw_Land-372287/

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.