Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Properties / Colorado
CABINLOVER
# Posted: 11 Dec 2011 03:53

Does anyone know where in Colorado it is legal to place an off grid Cabin? I have an idea of getting some rural land, and living off the grid, so I can commune with the most high. I have some funds, but want a small, durable cabin, not some huge behemoth.

Nirky
# Posted: 11 Dec 2011 06:30

You can commune with the Most High anywhere, but if it has to be in Colorado, be forewarned that many counties make it difficult and expensive to permit & build. Kind of a penance instead of living by faith. :(

dstraate
# Posted: 11 Dec 2011 12:39

Get a big parcel, fence it off, tuck it away, and don't talk about your church ;)

Anonymous
# Posted: 11 Dec 2011 12:43

Brilliant responses.

fred
# Posted: 11 Dec 2011 12:56

We are working on a 16x20 "shed" in Boulder county at 8200'. So far been lucky with no permits but we'll see what happens this year. Others around us have been told that they need septic and I'm sure that we will have to deal with that.

Malamute
# Posted: 11 Dec 2011 13:02

It will probably vary in different areas as to what permit are required and what is allowed. Off grid shouldn't be a problem, if you're just talking not being connected to the power grid. Making your own power isnt too big a deal from what I understand, tho I may be mistaken regarding other areas.

Other states may be more what you're looking for.

brokeneck
# Posted: 18 Dec 2011 23:21

Boulder County is the worst -- basically closed down the Boy Scout Camp casue they cabins wernt sprinked ..

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.