Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Properties / Building a 12 x 8 in Gravenhurst, ON permits
JJJ
# Posted: 16 Jan 2012 15:54

Hello everyone,

Was hoping you guys could maybe help me out here. I've been thinking of purchasing an acre in Gravenhurst, Ontario and was hoping to build a small bunkie on it.

I'd like to build a 12 x 8 with no plumbing or electrical. I've had a hard time getting a straight answer from the town but it seems like I'm not allowed to do this unless it is a shed.

Does anyone have any advice? I was also thinking about just buying an trailer then building a bunkie on top of it so it has wheels and is considered a trailer, would this work?

Any advice will help. Thanks in advance

John

JJJ
# Posted: 16 Jan 2012 16:15

Or.... does anyone know if I'm allowed to park my "fish hut" that happens to be around 12 x 8 on my vacant lot?

Just
# Posted: 16 Jan 2012 19:54

If you actuly have a fish hut i would give it a shot ,nothing to loose. other wise i would be very carefull 10000$ develoment fee in bracebridge +-+_+_+ not much can be done for under 100000$good luck!!!

JJJ
# Posted: 17 Jan 2012 17:25

Yeah it's ridiculous! tt's a 4,500 development fee to the town then 6,500 to the district. I don't have a fish hut but I was thinking about making one that I can sleep in and putting it on concrete blocks and if they ask I could maybe get away with saying that I plan to fish the lakes nearby.

Are most places like this in areas 2 hours north of the GTA?

JJJ
# Posted: 17 Jan 2012 17:26

lol I also made a little bit of progress.. Pretty much got a go ahead for an outhouse.

Just
# Posted: 17 Jan 2012 17:52

try hindon township 30 kms east of bracebridge on 118 not many rules there...

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.