Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Properties / help! (land development?)
rascaltown
# Posted: 7 Mar 2012 16:25

hello
I have thirty acres in Pembroke Ky. It has been handed down. I would like to build a post and beam log cabin. I have a very small budget, about thirty grand. I also have an old tobacco barn on the property that I would like to take down and salvage the old barn wood, and beams. I have lots of cedar on my property also. I need help! I am not a builder, wood worker, or carpenter, but I am a very hard worker, willing to learn and assist someone who wood want to maybe partner up and make something out of this property. I love the country, animals, cooking, farming,music and dance. I realize with such a small budget to start, I must start small, and work my way to something bigger.

thank u

trollbridge
# Posted: 7 Mar 2012 23:14

Well, first off, I would like to extend a warm welcome to you...so welcome rascaltown

Your property and plans sound wonderful! Just a thought...would your old tobacco barn make a unique cabin??? Or is it not very structurally sound?
Quoting: rascaltown
I am not a builder, wood worker, or carpenter, but I am a very hard worker, willing to learn and assist someone

Also I wanted to say that being a hard worker in many ways will get you farther than all the knowledge in the world so don't be scared off by your lack of experience. Find the right people to help you out when you need it and I agree...start small;you can always add on if you need to.

Best of luck to you...I admire your ambition and would love to see pictures of your property!

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.