Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Properties / Google Maps & Earth...
DaJTCHA
# Posted: 7 Jun 2012 15:53

If you haven't caught it already, Google Maps and Earth (at least in my area) has been updated with some very detailed and high definition overhead satellite imaging. Let's just say that the "improvement" in imagery is so good that I'm alarmed at what you can now see on our little piece of heaven. The flyover occurred in April and without leaves on the trees, there's not guessing at what you're looking at! Dough!

CabinBuilder
Admin
# Posted: 7 Jun 2012 16:09

Related thread:
Can they see you?

DaJTCHA
# Posted: 7 Jun 2012 16:17 - Edited by: DaJTCHA

Admin-

Latest post was made and referred to imaging that was done in Feb/2012 and there was a reference to how Bing had better images. I'm afraid that is no longer the case (at least for my property) as the zoomable detail is substantially better than anywhere else. I'm not sure if that is the same round of improved images that my update was included within, but the photo that I can now see is much better than the reference photo of trees that was posted on that thread. Due to the time of year (no leaves) and a much better zoomed in and detailed capture. I now wish my overhead shot looked like the previous one taken!

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.