Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Properties / Marrking property line
Octobot
# Posted: 20 Jul 2012 14:16

I was wondering if anyone has any tips or product recommendations for marking your property line. I was looking for some kind of tag or something similar I can attach to the trees on the property line. I was told to take an axe to the trees to make a notch/mark then spray paint that, but I was hoping for a more elegant solution. Thanks.

PA_Bound
# Posted: 20 Jul 2012 14:56 - Edited by: PA_Bound

The possibilities are numerous- all the way from the notch and spray paint marks all the way up to aluminum signs. The notch and spray paint is probably the most popular however, because it's cheap, easily identifiable and the notches remain locatable for decades. Aluminum or other metal signs are expensive for bigger properties, suitable for use as a target by the random trespasser, and are often effected by weather.

rayyy
# Posted: 20 Jul 2012 15:52

I always invested in T-posts driven into all the corner pins.Painted orange.Bordering neighbors will always be giving you problems at some point in time so pounding T-posts right off the bat will save you a lot of greif down the road.

PA_Bound
# Posted: 20 Jul 2012 16:56

Personally I set 12"x12" concrete deck blocks, painted orange, over all my corner pins. I repaint them every other year or so to keep them nice and orange. Where the property lines go through trees I notch and paint the trees about every 50', and throw in a few painted steel utility fence posts for good measure. In open areas I use the same painted steel fence posts but place them farther apart- but close enough to stand at one and see the next.

OwenChristensen
# Posted: 20 Jul 2012 17:29

The T posts, just like a fence should be fine, but I was told years ago that only surveyors could mark property lines with pipe posts.

Owen

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.