Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Properties / Law for 21 day camping on crown land
mother
# Posted: 29 May 2013 15:39

can someone help me here. Thanks

I would like to know if you get tagged more than once, then can you eventually return to your first sight?

we have a "tag happy MNR warden"....making life miserable for people that want to spend relaxing time camping. He is making us move, and NOT given us a reason why.

we are in Northern Ontario

RobToth
# Posted: 29 May 2013 20:46

Hi mother,

There are some crown lands with prohibited use/travel. It supposed to be well marked. Maybe that's the case. If not, then you can camp on one site for 21 days. After that, you have to move at least 100 meters and you can camp an additional 21 days. After that, you are done for the year.
MNR does not say that, but I think, if you move to another WMU, where probably a different C.O. patrols, you can play that game again.
There is not much we can do about it. In a lot of cases the C.O. has a lot more power and authority than a police.
It's much better just to say: "yes sir, I'm sorry sir" and do what the C.O. tels you.

johng
# Posted: 29 May 2013 20:54

My guess is that the laws are in place to help people differentiate between camping and trying to homestead.

mother
# Posted: 30 May 2013 10:29

Thanks....I have no problems with the 21 days. But if he is to tag us, then why not tag other trailer?
The other trailers are people from his home town......is there any justice in this?

We will play HIS GAME because we have NO CHOICE. But , all we are asking is why US?....Is is not giving us an answer, and that is the sore point with me. We are seniors, non drinkers, no drugs. We take very good care of camp site.

The only thing we have to look forward is camping in summer, because health issues stop us from being a"snow bird"......and now that is taken away and no one is giving us a reason..

RobToth
# Posted: 30 May 2013 22:34

Not tagging the local trailers, does not mean the C.O. was picking on you. There could be a restriction on that section of the crown land, which permits only locals to camp there. Year around or just seasonal. The C.O. does not have to explain himself.
Also it does not mean that the C.O. was not in the good mood, because a bird pooped into he's morning cereal.

If it really bugs you, you could find out from the MNR 1-800-667-1940, what's up.
I would just let it go, and never camp anywhere near that area.

Rossman
# Posted: 31 May 2013 07:40

Quoting: RobToth
The C.O. does not have to explain himself.

He certainly *should* have to. He should be able to point to / direct people to relevant documentation that supports his position. If only to avoid the perception of impropriety...otherwise there is no integrity in this entire process.

manny
# Posted: 31 May 2013 08:08

x2 rossman

mother
# Posted: 31 May 2013 10:33

Hi folks,

There is no restriction on camping where we are. We have decided to move our trailer along where all the other "non tagged" trailers are. Not really a place I want to be, since we are quiet people, but will see if HE[b][/b] has the nerve to come and tag us there...and if he does, will he also tag every other trailer....

Stay tuned..

littlesalmon4
# Posted: 31 May 2013 11:03

In the Yukon there is a 14 day limit in all territorial campgrounds. It is rarely enforced unless it is full. After 14 days you can move on the to the next one down the road for 14 days, then come back to the other.
50.00 for a resident season pass. By the way we value the contributions made by our seniors. Their pass is free.

Rossman
# Posted: 31 May 2013 11:42

Quoting: littlesalmon4
By the way we value the contributions made by our seniors. Their pass is free.

Nice! More places should do this.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.