Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Properties / Any fellow Quebecers?
lorrie54
# Posted: 28 Sep 2013 11:43

Hi, I am a new member . A search for information on how and where to begin to build my tiny house in Quebec has brought me to this site. Looking for info on where to start before purchasing land and any information that can help me begin. Thanks

razmichael
# Posted: 28 Sep 2013 13:30

Hi lorrie54 - welcome to the forum. We have a small cabin in Quebec that we started building last fall. Still a work in progress. My build thread is at Finally Started and there have been a number of other threads related to Quebec rules. The province has very strict province wide rules on building near water front but after that it really depends very much on where you are building and the local municipality. Probably like many places the further from a main city the less strict. It will also depend on whether you are building a permanent or recreational property. Our build took some time to get going but this was related to a different issue. We put in an outhouse and leaching pit to use with our pop-up trailer. Last fall when everything else was worked out the building permit took 10 minutes and $50 to obtain. I remember the local official telling me "bad news is everything needs a permit - good news they cost around $20 for most of them".

Less us know if you are planning a recreational cabin or full time home and what region you are interested in and I'm sure there will be some members with more specific information.

Rick004
# Posted: 28 Sep 2013 23:04

Hello Friend and welcome !! I'm in the Outaouais , in Kazabazua ! I hope to build in the spring ! This site has so much knowledge and a lot of very skilled members , it's definately worth sticking around !! a bientot !!

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.