Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Properties / Ferry Co. Washington
edowens
# Posted: 26 Mar 2014 11:38

Are there anyone members here from Ferry Co. Wa.? I just purchased 60 ac. up above Curlew [the town] and was wondering if there was any new people I will be meeting up in the middle of no where. Ed

JPBowden
# Posted: 24 Feb 2019 14:18

I know this is almost 5 years old, but I'll be in Ferry Co. during spring break to look at 5 different 20+ acre lots (3 near Curlew, 1 near Malo and 1 Near Danville). I'm hoping to find one I like to put a roughly 300 sq. ft. off-grid cabin on.

toyota_mdt_tech
# Posted: 24 Feb 2019 14:56

I am SW of you about 35 miles as a crow flies. Same type of terrain.

I know a buddy who has acreage and a cabin near there, he is a retired engineer from Quadrafire woodstove company mfg which is out of Colville. He lives in Colville.

I'll let you know when I am up at my place and if you are at your place, one of these times, we could visit one another.

Caution, you are in forest fire country, a few there last year and also a big one during the burns of 2105. DNR has a cost share program of 50/50 split pretty much all the time, but I got a 75/25 deal happening as soon as the snow melts off thsi spring and they had a 100/0 deal and have seen a 90/10 split too.
The cost share to help private land owners of timberland's make the place more fire resistant. In my case, cutting everything down under 8" chipping it all up and also trimming all tree branches on the remaining stuff to the 10 foot mark.

Depending on your elevation, you have a lot of ponderosa pines or lodgepoles and spruce trees.

email me at my user name here @ yahoo dot com

ICC
# Posted: 24 Feb 2019 15:00 - Edited by: ICC

FYI & FWIW------

FERRY COUNTY PLANNING AND BUILDING FAQ’S
What can I build without a building permit?

One story detached accessory structures provided the floor area does not exceed 300 square feet with maximum eave projections of 2 feet

Any Structure that will be inhabited requires a building permit regardless of size

----you can always not tell them you are building but there may be consequences. That is an individual choice. The county may be lax in enforcement, many are, but if anyone complains the county will have to investigate and follow their own rules. Just a head's up on that.

That rule is typical although many locations limit the accessory building to 200 sq ft or less. Accessory means in addition to a larger building that was built with a permit.

JPBowden
# Posted: 24 Feb 2019 21:14

My current plans for the spring break trip in addition to checking out lots is a stop at the Ferry Co. Building Dept. for some permitting questions, and the Northeast Tri-County Health District to see if they'll let me build my own grey water only septic system.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.